Groups for Mentor-Mentee Programme:
- Arts Students Group
- Commerce Students Group
- Science Students Group
The Role & Resposibilities of the Mentor
The faculty is actively involved in a personalized mentoring process for first year students. Each faculty is assigned the role of a mentor and is expected to counsel, maintain discipline and motivate their mentees. The mentoring process works at three levels – personal, academic and for the professional development of the students.
The responsibilities of the mentors:
- Ensuring overall integration of the student with the program – academically and psychologically.
- Counselling and motivating the students.
- Managing discipline & conduct related issues of the assigned students group.
- Attendance waivers under exceptional circumstances to be communicated to the Principal.
- Mentors should make sure they spend time with their mentees in order to enable them to understand themselves better and be better prepared for the interviews.