The NSS unit in college was established in 1981. It aims at developing students’ personality through community services. NSS is a voluntary association started by the government in which volunteers collectively make efforts for social work specially in the rural areas, where people are less educated. The cardinal principle of the NSS is that it is organized by the students themselves. To prepare their mindset for any kind of the social work they are given training in first aid, adult education, mass literacy, hygiene, stitching, embroidery etc. This is a “Swayam Sevi Sang” in which social welfare activities are performed by the students and teachers both.
To enable the students to understand the role of community in the work.
To understand the team power.
To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
To develop capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters.
- On 15-08-2018 one day camp was organized in which plantation work was done by the volunteers.
- 7 day NSS Camp was organized in college from 15-01-2019 to 21-01-2019
- On 09-01-2019, 95 volunteers of NSS organized a first aid and Home Nursing Training in a village camp.
- On 15-01-2019 a blood donation camp was organized.
- On 02.10.2018 one day camp was organised.
- In July 2018 volunteers participated in Swachch Bharat Abhiyan.